I have had many requests for this blog, or rather these pictures, so here it is (they are). We house hunted for only two days, which was not long enough but we had to return our truck and wanted to get settled before John had to check in. It was hectic. And I do think where ever we go next we will go pick out a house before we show up in the city with a huge moving truck. I go back and forth with loving the house and hating it. Main reason I hate it is because it was so rushed. I think it's still sinking in ... so hopefully in the end I will have nothing but love for it. :) Painting a few walls/rooms may help (hopefully that'll get done this month).
The neighborhood is great! Most of our neighbors have come over and introduced themselves already ... all super sweet (mostly older, which we enjoy). We are actually having a neighborhood garage sale this Saturday! Ha. John and I got rid of quite a bit of stuff before we moved, but we are planning to participate (maybe do away with all of our winter clothes?). We are about a 20-30 minute drive to both bases (there are two that John will be training at over the course of two years). The area around our little neighborhood (it's literally little ... only about 12 houses total ... very new development so still several open lots) is not too bad at all. We are minutes away from any fast food joint one could want. And super close to this amazing Thai place we tried the other night. Have a couple grocery stores close by, Lowes, Target, Starbucks ... ya know, the essentials. And anything beyond the essentials is just a quick drive down the road (10 minutes ish). The BEACH is about a twenty minute drive depending on what beach you go to ... don't get me started on the beaches here ... BEAUTIFUL. Love the white sand and the water that is so clear. And the fact that the nice white sand goes on forever into the water so you don't even need water shoes.
Okay, okay ... I am getting carried away ... pictures of the house, that's why you are reading, right?
 |
| the outside. wonderful not to need a key for our mailbox. |
|
 |
| as you walk in (excuse the boxes). | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| office, and John. (this is in the front of the house) |
|
|
 |
| guest bathroom, in between office and spare room. |
|
 |
| spare room. soon to be guest room, or sewing room, or both. |
|
 |
| living room. |
|
 |
| living room view from dining room. |
|
 |
| dining room. one of these days we'll hang everything on the walls. | | | |
|
 |
| kitchen. door leads to garage. there is also a pantry door on right. | | | |
|
 |
| bedroom. still needs decor. |
|
 |
| master bath with huge walk in closet back there. and shower. |
 |
| his and her. |
 |
| ah. still haven't used it. maybe today. |
 |
| garage. how did we ever live without one? |
 |
| backyard |
 |
| backyard. don't those trees need a hammock? |
And that's all. I just now realized I could've just made a little movie to put on here of me walking through the house. Oh well, if you want to see more you'll just have to come visit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment