Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thankful for my husband.

This is my Thanksgiving post, later than I had planned, but I will attempt to do it justice.

Lets start with our plans for Thanksgiving. The plan was for the Vandament parents and little siblings to visit. Arriving Tuesday and leaving Sunday. Beach Wednesday, food Thursday, shopping Friday, pizza Saturday with naps and football in between. The plan did not happen. The family was halfway here and received a call that a wonderful young woman from church back "home" (Omaha) had passed away. Rightfully so, they had to turn around.
Thank goodness for Skype
With $250 dollars worth of Thanksgiving groceries, we decided the show must go on. I prepared everything that was planned (minus two pies) in smaller portions. We had a feast.

the line for the oven, pre feast.
Best turkey I have ever had
coffee coated cheese
And I don't know what I would have done without my amazing husband who went shopping with me on Black Friday and has cleaned up all of the leftovers.

Thanksgiving turned out to be alright. We relaxed, shopped, ate our brains out, and enjoyed each other.

And no post would be complete without a picture of our baby Belleau.
The tree is up ... say a prayer for all of the ornaments.

More to come from this Lynch family soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment