Friday, October 15, 2010

Feels Like Home To Me...

We successfully made it to Virginia! I love it thus far. Love the tall, skinny trees. Love the cool air and sunny skies. Love the grocery store down the street. Love all the stores only 3 miles away. Love saving money at the commissary. Love spending 2+ hours cooking for John each evening. 
Love our "backyard" 


We are blessed to live by another TBS couple who just recently got married-The Mann's. And when I say live by, I literally mean they are about 100 yards away from us. They have been wonderful. Lt. Mann and John (err.. Lt. Lynch) ride together to school everyday and are thankfully in the same Platoon. And Mrs. Mann (Ashley) and I get together to swap recipe's, watch chick flicks, walk to the grocery store, browse Target, spend hours in the commissary, etc while the men are at school. 

Our first "TBS Spouse event" is in two weeks, which is where we will be able to meet the other married couples going through TBS right now. John's current schedule calls for longer days than nursing ever did! He is up and out of the house by 0500, and returns to me between 2000 and 2100 (that's military time folks!) They say the schedule gets better in the next few weeks, so we are both looking forward to that. 

This is my first day back on the blog, which I guess goes to show I have been keeping pretty busy. Speaking of busy, it's 1925, which means time to start dinner! 


more pictures to come on Facebook soon! 

2 comments:

  1. love the blog nish and so glad you guys made it safe and sound to your new home. I'd say I miss you but you and I are professionals at this long distant friendship thing :) you know I do always miss you and love you dearly though. Can't wait to see some pics of the new place once you're settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! nish, you're like a seasoned military wifey ALREADY.

    ReplyDelete