
I had taken an unannounced and unexpected sabbatical from my crafty lifestyle (I haven’t even OPENED my scrapbooking bin since 2009 summer), but am happy to report that as of today I am back in action. I have started to dream out, draw out, create, build, and make a quilt. Now this is will not be your typical, elaborate quilt most are use to. Instead this is a t-shirt quilt—a quilt of my collection of high school football games, high school clubs, college volunteer programs, college clubs, and mission trip
t-shirts.
Now that the hard work of the “template” is finished,
it is only a matter of weeks before I will be ready to start sewing. We don’t exactly have a sewing machine as of yet. The plan is to do all of the preparations—the measuring and cutting, and then worry about finding one at a garage sale or thrift store. Which ultimately means we may have an office of squared t-shirts for quite some time… John is yet to learn of all that this quilt will entail.
Speaking of John…he has started week two of TBS (although I believe it’s still a “zero” week). Today I actually got to spend some time with him while the sun was still up—he called and asked Ashley and I to meet him and Mann at the DEERS office for new IDs around 1400. It was quite the treat. We accomplished that and now have our insurance squared away as well. Other than that his week will consist of hearing tests, written tests, PT tests, swim tests, class as usual and other various assignments, tests, and activities. Makes me feel a little guilty that my week will consist of cutting squares...

What a great idea! Glad to see that you are enjoying being a military wife. :)
ReplyDelete