Wednesday I had an interview, and felt very good about it as I was standing up to leave. Then as I was saying 'thank you' and 'goodbye' one of the interviewers asked, "what brought you to Florida?" [at this point my mind went crazy! do I say military? which would imply I won't be in Pensacola for very long. do I tell a little fib, and say the "beaches, of course"], "my husbands work" was my answer. I felt good. Honest, but not telling too much. THEN he asked, "what's your husband do?" OF COURSE he asked that. Why wouldn't he. And as I slowly answered with a "he's going through flight school" honest reply, I felt a bullet go through my foot. Who would want to hire a teacher who can't commit to more than one year? I got in my car and felt utterly defeated.
Wednesday went on. We took Belleau to school and she decided to forget how to sit. The one thing she has been doing since she was 7 weeks old. She does what she wants. So as we are trying to get her little bottom on the ground to show her teachers, my phone starts vibrating. I look, planning to ignore it, and it's a Pensacola number. I sprint out. Answer the phone. And can't stop smiling. The Principal would love for me to come work with him as a Language Arts teacher. He loved my excitement and believes I could be the "shining star" of the school. I accepted. Which means I HAVE A JOB.
I have a job! In my career field! I am a working woman (again)! I'm a teacher! I am beyond thrilled! The Principal is beyond great! I went in and chatted with him for awhile Thursday. He was very encouraging and strongly believes I'm the "breath of fresh air" that this school needs. God has answered prayers. And I am now a Gator.
So let the planning begin. And the shopping (teacher clothes here I come)!

Congrats girl!!! So happy for you, sounds incredible!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! oh, nish...we celebrate with you. Praise God. believing that as you are their "breath of fresh air" that in return you experience joy & fulfillment. love you, sissy!
ReplyDeleteCelebrating with you!!! You are our "shining star" too. We love you.
ReplyDelete