I have still been teaching and enjoying it (I will blame the job for my lack of blogging). There are many stories I could tell, but this is a public website, so I'll save those for a time when we are face-to-face. It is an absolute blast. This last week was homecoming spirit week. I was a 50s girl Tuesday and a pirate Wednesday. AND I received school pictures. Too fun.
John is still waiting for API to start (start date is 21 October). He is anxious, but loving his current schedule (he works in the photo lab every other day from 0700-1300, not bad). In his free time, he hangs out with Belleau and keeps our house tidy. He's wonderful.
We are, of course, cooking up yummy food as usual. Nutella cookies have been a current fav. (recipe below). And the Hawaiian BBQ chicken did not last long. All this food means we have started running to negate that which we eat. We have found some great trails nearby!
Belleau is growing so fast. She is currently weighing in at 31.2lbs. She loves the outdoors (actually just spent an hour in the beautiful 70 degree weather relaxing in the sun). She tans daily. OH, and we bought her a new toy (yes, she is spoiled) ... a skateboard! We are only in the beginning stages of teaching her how to skateboard, but she is very intriged with it. She also had a little allergic reaction to the new laundry soap, so we had to re-wash her bedding. She HATES when we take her bed from her, so much so that she pulled her bed (without the cover) down from the top of her crate and just sat on it for quite awhile.
She's a riot.
More currently, John is making tuna salad for lunch and Christmas Cards are in the process of being made! And John is getting an iPhone today. Go BIG RED.
We miss all our family and friends.
Nutella cookies (taken from Tasty Kitchen)
You will need:
- 1 cup Nutella
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Blend all ingredients together well. Form into 1″ balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 7-8 minutes. Cool. Enjoy.





No comments:
Post a Comment