Already 2012. I can hardly believe it. I remember being eight or nine years old and going to my piano lessons, and hearing my wonderfully old piano teacher talk about how she just couldn't believe she could possibly live to see the 2000's. And here we are, 12 years into them. I think about her at the start of each new year in the 2000s (she talked about it A LOT). She did live to see them.
On to some exciting updates. First Christmas break. We sure lucked out with two of the best families. We spent week one in Topeka and week two in Omaha. Saw grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and long time friends.
Belleau enjoyed her first Christmas. She was a pro at opening gifts. Honest. She just knew what to do like an excited toddler. We had our Christmas here on December 15th. Complete with a fajita feast, presents, stockings, and laughs. I love my mini family.
I'll let the pictures below do the rest of the talking for Christmas break.
But before the pictures ... exciting teaching news. I (Tenisha) am overseeing the Spelling Bee for my school and have been nominated and named the 10th grade English teacher leader, which essentially means I report to the Department Head for all that happens among us 10th grade English teachers. It is an honor ... and work.
John starts school Jan. 23 ... pray for him and his brain :). He also has to have his wisdom teeth out in the near future (more prayers). He is currently "checking in" to the next school, aka paperwork, appointments, and meetings.
Now for the pictures ... Christmas break, folks ...
 |
| Bells opening her present |
 |
| John's present. All he wanted. Honest. |
 |
| Jude and Belleau |
 |
| Bowling with the family |
 |
| He's good. |
 |
| Cousin Hugo ... they really did love each other. |
 |
| John's new toy ... and buddy |
 |
| seeing the g-parents |
 |
| riding to Holdrege |
 |
| Grandma Jean |
 |
| Ice Skating for Tor's birthday |
 |
| Brother |
 |
| the girls at sushi |
 |
| Camp fire for New Years Eve |
 |
| Cousins |
 |
| Sunny OK |
No comments:
Post a Comment