Tuesday, January 24, 2012

welcome to the Circus.

Settle in for a little end of the month update.

As of yesterday, John started his next school (Primary). And he is sitting in his office (we have his and her offices) studying for his first test which is FRIDAY. They do not mess around down here. He has a lot of work cut out for him.

School for me is continuing to be enjoyable. I teach one block class and have a new group of students for this semester. They are fun and I am anxious to start fresh with all I learned first semester.
There is another class I must mention. I have a new addiction and it is noisy, productive, creative, challenging, and sits on a table.

Sewing! We bought a sewing machine on Black Friday and I finally broke it out last week and took my first class Saturday at JoAnn Fabric. I have many plans, and will keep you updated on what plans I choose to see through.

Belleau is still Belleau. John kicked her out of the house today because she had peed on the floor at some point. She IS maturing, but is still just a puppy. We'd be lost without her. We bought a new rug for the living room and the day John opened it and laid it out she was shaking with excitement. Unfortunately, she believes the rug is hers and that makes Yoga and Pilates quite difficult.
John and I have been attempting to experience more of Pensacola, or the south in general. After hearing that the circus was in town, we decided it would be appropriate to relive some childhood memories and attend. It was quite impressive. A man walked upside down. Legit circus. We had a blast, and especially loved the elephants because they reminded us of jumbo Belleaus (told you, we'd be lost without her).




Hoping a concert is up next. Maybe a football game (senior bowl?).

We are also joining with our church in the Daniel Fast, which has been quite the journey thus far. It started last Sunday (little over a week ago) and goes until February 5. We will make it. We will make it. We will make it. It has required us to become even more creative with our cooking, which we love. But I sure do miss cheese, and fried chicken. And eggs. And I really need some chocolate. But NO ... I will gladly eat veggie burgers, and chickpea stir fry.
One last note, our lap top is acting up. Whistling at me and randomly turning off and back on. Not good signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment