Friday, March 15, 2013

New home! (again)

Back in December the possibility of moving was at least another 9 months away.... and here we are just three months later and entirely unpacked in a new home! We decided to move closer to base for John (and considering how easily he can come home for a quick minute, I am so glad we did). We moved onto base housing last month. So far, I love it. The house is perfect as far as space goes and we have a walking/running trail, dog park, pool, mini grocery store, red box, and play ground all within a five minute walk! I think I could get use to base housing after all.

The move was quite a move. Ever tried moving with a two month old? Yeah ... I wouldn't exactly recommend it. Lots of breaks during packing and lots of solo work on John's part. But it is done and we are settled. I kept reminding myself "in two weeks I will forget all this work" and I did. I honestly don't mind moving. I enjoy the unpacking and reorganizing and the purging and the cleaning that takes place. It's fun. (Ask me in ten years if I am still feeling the same).

Now for pictures ...
Trying out new decor
nice open living room with lots of light
big kitchen!

back patio/Belleau's room/2nd garage
office/craft room
my sewing station + Bells
master bedroom
Mankato's room (still in progress)
 
And there you have it. New house. 3bdr/2ba. One car garage. Lots of closets and the two extra rooms are a lot bigger than what we had before. I (and Belleau) miss the tile floors, but it is becoming home rather quickly.

In other news... John has started Advanced (Helicopter) school. He is on duty right now (0600-1800)... boo hoo. He has two tests under his belt and one more week of ground school then up in the air he goes! He is a studying fool and he is, once again, amazing me with his memory capacity. There is SO much MORE to learn. He's amazing and works so hard. When you think of him, pray for his brain. For him to retain the information he is studying and excel in this school.

My other man(Kato) is doing great! Typically he wakes up once during the night (I would say always but the last two nights have been a bit hairy). He loves talking to his momma and daddy, taking showers, going on walks, and playing on his play mat. I cannot believe how fast he is growing.
And I am amazed at how busy being a mom/wife is keeping me! I miss my classroom from time to time but I wouldn't trade the one adorable student I have for a thousand others. I have been sewing during nap time and working out during play mat time. I am (finally, after about an eleventh month hiatus) back in the kitchen (I think all of the new counter space has inspired me!). 

... and my baby is waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment