Mankato is five months as of yesterday and finally has some decor in his bedroom (not that he cares ... well, I take that back, he really seems to like it, but I'm sure he didn't wish for it). I wasn't in a huge rush. His furniture is great (Thank you
SOHO Interiors), so the room never looked bare. Plus I didn't want to spend money on decor for a baby. I cannot wait for him to say "I want a dinosaur room" or "please, can I have a train room?" ...
ANYWAY. My greatest friend, Brooke, came to visit last month and our mission was to complete Kato's room. We spent
hours planning, cutting, gluing, spray painting, shopping for supplies ... only were able to sneak away once for the beach.
Here is what we did ...
 |
| Painted the lamp, covered a "M" in fabric |
 |
| The inspiration-John picked this bank out (he calls Kato a shark) |
 |
| The cutie |
 |
| simple navy curtains, framed sharks |
 |
| painting from my friend, Lindsey! |
 |
| sharks! in spray painted frames with scrapbook paper |
 |
| another shark by the door |
And my favorite piece (which was also the most time consuming) ... the mobile! I'll take more/better pictures of it. Mankato loves it too. It turned out perfect.
Here is where we found it.
Once we have a permanent duty station I plan to paint some walls. More on that later.
In other Kato news ... He is a blast. Easily the coolest little baby I know. He talks A LOT (nonstop at times). Just this week he went running around with me and anyone that gave him eye contact got an ear full from him. It was cracking me up. And cracking everyone else up. A few ladies couldn't believe he was only five months and able to "hold a conversation". Ha! Then at one point an older gentleman started talking back to him and Mankato got the giggles. The. cutest. giggles. It was so fun. Love my little man(Kato). And his new room. And the diaper he just filled for me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment