Washington, D.C. (and surrounding areas) has everything. We attempted to Christmas shop this evening (after having thee BEST lazy Saturday morning/afternoon) ... we only bought for one person thus far [you, Ash], but we started to discover just how much more this area has to offer (other than all of the outstanding history that we have only briefly touched). For instance, when you type in our zip code to the Crate&Barrel website, there are nine that are "close." INSANE. Two of which are outlets (none of which we have been inside of yet). We also experienced quite the sushi night (and boy we have missed sushi!). At one of the malls in McLean there is a sushi restaurant that has a conveyer belt with tons of different sushi and nigiri. You simply sit around the belt (bar like seating) and grab the plates of the sushi you want. Each plate is colored to represent a price ($5 being the most expensive), then when you are all finished they find your total price by adding your colored plates. It was something else! And sits right in the middle of the mall, between the escalators. Wish I had a camera with me. Otherwise things have been quiet around here. John was at the Rifle Range all week and did GREAT! He amazes me. I have just been working and doing homework. OH! And we bought plane tickets home for Christmas! We are missing ourselves some Vandament's and Lynch's time (and Backhouses and Varneys).
I have lots of homework before Thanksgiving and John has lots (well, two) of late nights before his time off ... which is quickly approaching and I am realizing I have not practiced many of the dishes I had wanted to. We have no set plans as of right now, other than to enjoy good food and each other. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment