Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas snow.

Tonight is our first Lynch family Christmas (family = John and Tenisha). I can hardly wait for John to get home. I was off early due to the snow (so appropriate since we are celebrating our Christmas tonight ... who doesn't want snow on Christmas ... whether it's the 25th or "Christmas"). And I have been patiently waiting for John. I have cleaned both bathrooms, packed both suitcases, vacuumed every room, washed our sheets, finished all the dishes, and dusted our room. Only have the living room left to dust, and the house will be ready to leave (it does make sense to clean before leaving). 
I am proud to say we have not turned our heat on yet.

I have never been quite this into Christmas (4th of July and Thanksgiving are my holiday favorites). BUT this year is different. I have been saying Merry Christmas to John at least ten times a day since the day after Thanksgiving. This year I have a family (a very pint-size family consisting of John and myself) to start new traditions with. Although I love my mom’s traditions (mainly the ah-mazing chicken dinner on Christmas), it is fun to start our own. Funny all this talk, and really I have no idea what our Christmas tradition(s) will be. Guess I will know after tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment