Saturday, December 11, 2010

happy birthday ... to me.

Well, I am a year older and I feel a year older. This birthday was not the same without a birthday party (thrown by myself, of course). BUT it was a good birthday, other than having to work. When I picked John up he came out with beautiful flowers in hand. Then took me to Cheesecake Factory, where we both enjoyed the best meal ... starting with avocado eggrolls, followed by our main courses (Burger and sweet potato fries for John/Bang-bang chicken and shrimp for me), and completed with a Snickers cheesecake. OUTSTANDING. Needless to say, we had lunch and dessert for the following day. I also received letters/presents in the mail! Nothing better than that. Oh, and a North Face jacket from John that I am in love with (that's both John AND the jacket that I am in love with).

John has been doing Land Navigation at school and is enjoying being "lost" in the forests of TBS. I have been contemplating quitting my current job and have also applied to substitute teach (much more in my line of business). And our blender has broke.

In other, more uplifting news, we added to our Christmas tree (even put a present under it!) and are ecstatic to come home in less than a week (Nebraska home first, then Kansas home)! AND we have rented Super Mario Bro's for our wii and ... our addiction is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment