Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas is in the air.

This is one of the few years that I have allowed a tree to be up prior to my birthday. I have a good reason though, we go home in less than TWO WEEKS! So we need time to enjoy our precious, skinny tree. Other Christmas decorations include our new nativity scene which I am loving more every time I see it. The little details are perfect in every way (thank you, Theroults)!

We have completed most of our Christmas shopping (only have three more to buy for ... out of 18). Ahead of the game, if you ask me.

I went back to Nebraska this past week for a dear friends funeral (keep the Batchelors and Jon in your prayers) and left John to fend for his own. He did well. Even got a Tan belt while I was away (they started their Martial Arts training ... not a dress belt). It was good to spend a short amount of time with family and friends but even better to come home to my husband. Probably won't be leaving him again for quite awhile.

There is not much else going on in the Lynch household. John should have a couple "easy" weeks before Christmas then the wonderful weeks in the field will begin (that is when all friends and/or family are invited to come visit and keep me company). Our adventure on the East coast is still greater than we imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment