Tuesday, April 26, 2011

subbing and "other news"

My subbing days in the Stafford county have come to an end. It is Spring break here this week and then we hope to have some sort of orders that take us somewhere new (more on orders this weekend). I am a little sad that I am done subbing (for now) ... it was a great run. And provided me with great stories.


Here are just a couple.

1. When teaching Kindergarten, I had an adorable little boy come up to me and ask, "how come you look like a boy?" I handled it well and said, oh it's probably because of my short hair. He thought for a loooooooooong minute then a light bulb went off and he excitedly said, "OH YEAH! You look like Justin Bieber." I guess it could be a compliment?

2. Now on to Freshman, oh aren't they a funny group. A girl was talking to me about how tall she was (she was my height) and how tall I was, and what size of shoe I wore. She really just wanted to see what all we had in common, I think. She went on to how much I weigh, and things of that sort. Then out of no where she looks at my wedding ring and in a sigh of relief says, "oh good! At least you are married!!" I was a bit confused, and gave her a look and asked, "Why is that such a good thing?" She calmly and with absolute confidence said, "well not many short people get married." Thank you, John, for marrying a short girl.

In other news, our reverse has been working! No problems, so maybe the cleaning did help after all.

We had a great Easter. Went to church, then took a nap while John prepared steaks for dinner, THEN grilled pizza (John's idea and turned out oh so tasty), then exchanged Easter baskets, then had an amazing dinner (John's doing again).
Grilled chicken and mushroom pizza

steak, sweet mashed potatoes, grilled corn (complete with two different butters John created)

Tonight is the General's dinner. Should be a grand fancy time (I'll try to get a few pictures). Only two more wife events before our time here is done. At my high school graduation, I remember being unexpectedly emotional after saying goodbye to high school and all the fun it entailed. That is sorta how I am feeling now, and I am sure over the next week it will only get worse. At least this time I have been anticipating the feeling. Sad to say goodbye to such a great group of wives and such a wonderful first six months in the military life.
Wine bottles I decorated at our last "wife night"

No comments:

Post a Comment