Another Marine Corps Birthday Ball has come and gone. Cannot believe we've already been living this life for more than a year. Exciting. If you remember anything from last years Ball you remember we sat in the basement and watched the ceremony from a screen. This year had it's pros and cons, as well. The Commandant was the guest of honor (pretty big deal). He is the first Commandant that is an Aviator (again, pretty big deal). The Ball was held at the Aviation museum on base. Great location, but (here comes the first con) they did not have enough seats. I'd say 30% of the people there were standing during the whole ceremony. The other con (which actually turned into a pro) is that there was no dinner served. Just a cocktail hour with snacks and drinks. We decided to do our own thing for dinner and went to a WONDERFUL restaurant called Vic and Ike's. It was Delish (that's a capital D). John had rabbit and I had a juicy steak. So the no dinner at the Ball turned out to be quite alright. I do love the whole getting dressed up and eating a fancy dinner. I can do this once a year for the next how-ever-many years.
 |
| We are cheesing so much. |
 |
| Beautiful Linds. |
 |
| I'm in love with these. |
Love the dress! You two look amazing. We would love a picture. Looking so forward to seeing you at Christmas. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we send our love and blessings!
ReplyDelete