After a request from Natasha, I have decided to dedicate a blog post to my classroom. I really do love my job. Even as I am sitting here with a stack of 50 essays to grade on my lap ... {really long sigh} I cannot believe I am only a couple weeks away from completing my first semester at my FIRST teaching job.
A little refresher ... I teach five classes. Two regular ENG II (Sophomore) classes, one ENG III (Junior) class, and two ENG II honors (Sophomore, again). It's a perfect schedule and the students are by far my favorite part of teaching. I am glad to report that most think I am 27 or 28 (glad? yes, glad ... it's refreshing to no longer be '16' ... and no, they do not know the truth).
Okay, okay, pictures. Keep in mind this is my first teaching job ... my collection of educational posters is lacking. Prepare for a full scan ...
I really have to let go of my OCD tendencies. The non matching desks. Ugh.
And here are my little touches ...
 |
| crates for notebooks |
 |
| bathroom pass |
 |
| 'turn in' and 'missed work' |
 |
| note by front door |
 |
| organized board ... :) |
And back to grading I go ...
Nice Nisha!!! Those kids are so lucky to have you as their teacher :)
ReplyDeleteInteresting arrrangement of desks! How do you administer tests to eliminate cheating?!
ReplyDeleteYour classroom is very nice and nicely kept. Your organizational skills are apparent. Well done Nish!
ReplyDeletelove the crates, love the desks, LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete