Wednesday, November 3, 2010

much ado about the week

Isn't he handsome?
Where to start. Let's start with John because I am convinced his days are more exciting. It is only Wednesday and this week has already held so much for my Marine. He had inspections for his Blues. Had a three mile hump (that's a hike) with 70 lbs on his back. Was issued his riffle. Had his first BIG test (which he, of course, passed with flying colors after studying this past weekend). He had to retype his autobiography in a different format. Did the O Course back-to-back (O stands for obstacle). Started his days at 0530, 0600, and 0700. Not too horrible. And the latest he has been home this week is 2000 (knock on wood for tonight).

As for me, I have been to the dentist (2.5 hours spent at the dentist, they are thorough to say the least). Other than the dentist, I have started a job! That's right people, I am a working woman again. And let me tell you, I have been ruined, I like being a full time wife better. I am working at Aquia Christian (mentioned previously) as a "teacher" of the students who still wear diapers--infants. It has been interesting thus far. I start at 0700 and am off around 1600. Not too bad of a day, and surprisingly they have gone fast (they = two, I just started Tuesday). I walk to work, walk home for my hour lunch break, walk back to work, and walk home for the evening. So far so good. I am sure stories will come.

In other news: 
  • We hosted a pizza party last Saturday night that had an amazing variety of tasty pizza's! It was quite fun and ought to become a regular occurrence.
  • As a couple, we attended a wonderful Bible Study last Sunday evening. They even served us dinner! We broke bread (ate some yummy pulled pork and corn casserole) and studied Galatians with four other couples. Such great company and discussion. We plan to make this a weekly priority.
  • John and I are now proud owners of a beautiful ................... cilantro plant! We will see how long the relationship lasts (with the new plant, that is).
  • We made crab rangoon. [Special thanks goes out to my fellow Marine wife, Ashley for the recipe.] They were (and still are-we made enough for every meal this week... on accident) AH-ma-zing.

That should about catch us up (this has to be the last time I wait almost a week between posts).

1 comment:

  1. Please email me the crab ragoon recipe. Oh and I miss you. a lot. I love reading about you. keep it coming sista. mwahahahaha. natashambarker@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete