Wednesday, January 12, 2011

can't sleep

I just can't sleep thinking of my husband out there in the gusty 20mph wind. For those of you who don't know ... this week is John's first FEX (Field Exercise). It is a week in the field where they have an enemy and are acting as a battalion to defeat the enemy (and sleeping in the cold, and not showering, and eating nasty space-man-like food, and painting their faces, and ultimately they are freezing their butts off carrying around 90+ pound packs). Us wives are sad and thinking of our Marines often. John left Sunday evening to stay on base before the FEX. Let me just say I am unsure of how I ever slept 22 years alone. I miss him the most when trying to sleep. He is not next to me as he should be. BUT he did come home last night. I picked him up around 1900 and we went to dinner (after he took a 35 minute shower to wash the paint off of his face), and talked and talked and talked and kissed and kissed and hugged and kissed and kissed and kissed. Then he went back to the field today … till Friday. So two MORE nights ... and I thought the first two sucked ...
I am so thankful for the wonderful Alpha Co. wives I have! I will try to give a report of how he says it went over the weekend, [though I may be understandable busy hanging out with the husband I am missing so much right now.]

What I have been doing (other than missing John): shopping at West Elm, watching “Whip It” and all the Food Network shows, cleaning the bathrooms, shopping at Crate&Barrel, shopping at Ikea, putting together a shelf-thingy from Ikea, game nights with the ladies, laundry, working out daily (love the classes offered on base), sleeping-in because I stay up as late as I can so falling asleep is a little easier, and that’s about it. I still have several things on my FEX-week-to-do-list (that I will, hopefully, accomplish tomorrow). Hurry up, Friday. 
Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday. Hurry up, Friday.

1 comment:

  1. How on earth did we manage to sleep alone all those years?! I agree. And we get to do it again this week..What a bumma! Enjoy the weekend with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete