 |
| card from Jude! | |
|
John's birthday was a success! (not that I believe there is a such thing as an unsuccessful birthday, unless of course you don't believe birthdays are a big deal) The big day started with a little surprise breakfast for the still-sleeping John...chick-fil-a...nothing better, in his eyes at least. He was beyond surprised when I woke him up and told him breakfast was ready (which is not too abnormal). He came out and saw the chick-fil-a and was thrilled. Great start to his big day! We then took a break from birthday, and John did a little studying. We went back for more food (back as in, to the kitchen). Then it was present time!! I have been hoarding the cards John has been receiving so he had no idea he had quite a stack! So we did cards, and lots of them ;) ... then he opened his two gifts from me. Pants and shoes (Uggs!) for him to wear that night.... so on to that night. We drove to Baltimore to attend a Medieval Times dinner and tournament with some of John's fellow Marine buddies. It was quite cheesy, but oh so fun! John was knighted for his birthday and given a light-up sword! Ha.

So adorable, he honestly was excited. Our "knight" (green one) lost the tournament, but that did not ruin the night. We still cheered our hearts out and eat until we were exploding. You ate everything with your hands. Everything = chicken, ribs, potatoes, soup, garlic bread, and dessert.
I think it was great. And John really did love it (the birthday as a whole). Last night he said, "I've never really had this much response on my birthday before," Ha. He is adorable.
So the rest of this week includes John being gassed! (yes, they actually gas them, blurry eyes will happen tomorrow, and John is guessing the blurriness will last awhile...I think it's crazy, but it is "training"). Then Wednesday and Thursday he is out in the field again, leaving me alone at home eating frozen pizza and watching chick-flicks...it's only one night (little chance it will be two)... And Wednesday is when
Minute to Win it is on, so I'll have something to enjoy... I am trying to convince myself it will be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment