Homework has been consuming my life. And not just my homework ... John has been having a lot of homework lately. Such as, printing and "laminating" with packing tape (I am now the "laminating" queen). AND working on his order. Now, I do not fully understand this concept, but I will do my best to explain. An order is pretty much exactly what it sounds like - an order. Ha, it gives a run down of the enemy and the plan and everything in between...including the weather, and location of everything surrounding them, what they are to wear, etc. The picture is of John giving me his order. The coffee table is being used as the "map" ... complete with a remote control as a creek and coasters as check points, and the wii remote as a road (I think). Needless to say, it is exciting life - being married to a Marine [Even if homework means no netflix.] We still do dinner and 'the Wheel' as usual, my favorite hour with him (beginning with dinner)... and Oh how I am missing him now! One night down, one to go! I just cannot express how much it stinks to sleep in our bed alone! At least I have had my own homework to keep me busy! My own homework has not been as successful or exciting as John's. I have been attempting to schedule an observation in an elementary school here for four weeks. The first district told me no. Straight up. The second said yes, only after they received an email from my professor stating the requirements (only one day of observation). Then the 'yes' school told me to contact a specific school in their district. I tried, for one full week. Emailed the contact person, no reply. Called the contact person, "in a classroom" "in a meeting" "will get back to you" (yes, that is three phone calls). So, I called the district, got placed in another school and finally went for my observation yesterday! Today is when I write the analysis. I am half done, but ready for a nap (those TBS wives kept me up way too late last night)!
Other exciting news, I have finally been called to substitute teach! Monday I will be teaching third graders! I was beyond words excited when I got the call. Hoping this means more calls will come. Say a little prayer for that. I need just a little something to keep me busy, even though I truly do love being a stay-at-home-wife. There are just hours in the day that I feel a tiny worthless (all those years of working has destroyed by ability to do nothing). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment