![]() |
| The amount of tape was probably over kill. |
So I decided on the tilapia and hash brown dish (mentioned in the last blog) and everything went smoothly … till I started plating it. Let me explain the recipe (which, by the way, was amazingly delicious), you start by browning the hash browns in a skillet on the stove top. You then add some veggies, then finally the tilapia. Once the tilapia is added you transfer the skillet to the oven, and bake the dish till the fish is cooked through. Sounds easy, and it was. So I removed the dish from the oven (no burns there), and put the skillet back on the stove top, grabbed our cool, funky shaped plates, then grabbed a spatula to dish up the fish/hash browns, then grabbed the skillets 350 degree handle for a better grip…OUCH! Let me tell you, it was bad. And it hurt like no other burn has. [I must also mention that I typically burn myself once a week while cooking, but they are usually little tiny burns… on the back of the hand, the forearm, etc. Not on my palm. I blame the fact that I have been out of the kitchen for two weeks.] Oh man, did it hurt. So RN John came to the rescue. For those of you who may need this tip: soaking your burn in milk soothes (but only for about 10-15 minutes). I ate dinner with my hand in milk. The burn... or burns...are better. I only have two blisters left.



Oh no, no, NO! so very sorry, sweet Nisha. glad you have an RN for a hubby...who knew milk could help? ouchie! feel better, quick healing to you!
ReplyDelete