Monday, January 3, 2011

good to be home.

The end of our Christmas break was as vivacious as the beginning. Some highlights: eating at The Burger Stand with the family, Just Dance for the wii (videos to come on Facebook), french toast breakfast, lobster dinner and our day of shooting.
Let me first say that I am a horrible shot, but I will gladly blame my small hands for most of my shooting imperfections. I wish I could tell you what all we shot (any Lynch, Backhouse, or Varney can give those details, if known). Regardless, it was a fantastic day with 70 degree weather and quite the shooting crew. 


one lobster for everyone!
New Years eve brought lots of seafood. It brought me back to the first big Lynch family dinner I ever attended. New Years eve, 2003. We had lobster tails and shrimp galore. Troy boy attended with me to hang out with Brett (or maybe for a sense of security) and we all took pictures around the table after dinner. It was wonderful, as was this year. Though I think the food quantity multiplied (along with the number of family members). Then came the goodbyes. Let's just say it is good to know we will have a few visitors during these next five months.

We brought in the New Year with those Eckhardts that we just cannot get enough of. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful year (2010 truly was good to us).

And we are back! Back to the 68 degree apartment (still not turning on the heat), back to the wonderfully cheap groceries at the commissary (where I spent two hours this morning), back to the friends (even a new one as of yesterday!), back to cooking elaborate meals for my hardworking husband (fish pie or tilapia with hash browns tonight), back to the precious Christmas decorations (that are staying up for at least one more week), back to the D.C. malls we will never fully explore... it's so good to be back.
I still have one suitcase to unpack (the biggest one, in fact...this may surprise most of you who know me well). But I have already set up the wii fit, and my slippers have not left my feet. And John has already enjoyed a cup of coffee and was off this morning in his new boots.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog nish-per usual :) love u see u soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you comment, bran! makes me feel loved

    ReplyDelete